A La Carte (November 15)

Tim Challies | 11/15/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-THURS-940x492.jpg

It has been a little slow for Kindle deals lately, but I expect things to pick up by next week when we head into the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. For today, there’s just one new deal to consider.

What Are the “High Places” in the Old Testament, and How Does That Apply to Us Today?

Randy - Alcorn - Applies - Someone - Phrase

Randy Alcorn explains and applies. “Recently someone asked me, ‘I’m intrigued by a phrase that’s repeated word for word in 2 Kings four times in 12:3, 14:4, 15:4, and 15:35 related to Uzziah and his father, grandfather, and son: ‘The high places, however, were not removed. What is this referring to?'”

“Christians are tempted, of course, to be discouraged and depressed by the force of overwhelming circumstances. But in such circumstances, we must tell ourselves that we have no right to feel the way we do! Paul, who knew what it was to be in prison, to be beaten and spat upon, to be cold shouldered and ignored, commands us to rejoice, despite what we may feel: ‘Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice’ (Phil. 4:4).” This is a tough truth to embrace, isn’t it?

Does - Church - Membership - Matter

Why Does Church Membership Matter?

“You may say, ‘I can be part of Christ’s cosmic church without joining a local church.’ To that, I would say, ‘Try it.’ Try being a sideline-Christian. Try saying to your fellow Christians that you worship with week-in and week-out, sit in a community group with, fellowship with, and say, ‘I really love you, but I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: