Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/14/18/5801212-0-image-a-56_1542220724372.jpgClick For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/28/4131502058475572495/1024x576_MP4_4131502058475572495.mp4
A 13-year-old boy has shown no remorse for shooting his teacher and a classmate at his Indianapolis-area school, and he will remain the responsibility of the state juvenile detention system until he is 18, an Indiana judge ruled Wednesday.
Hamilton County Circuit Court Judge Paul Felix rejected a request from the boy's attorneys that he be sent to a private treatment facility for shooting seventh-grade science teacher Jason Seaman and 13-year-old Ella Whistler during the May 25 attack at Noblesville West Middle School.
Boy - Responsibility - Attack - Hearing - Week
The boy admitted responsibility for the attack and apologized during a hearing last week. The boy's admission in juvenile court is similar to a guilty plea in adult court.
'I did not think it was sincere,' Felix said during the teen's punishment hearing Wednesday. 'No remorse was shown last week.'
Boy - Attack - Felix
The boy planned the attack on his own and had meant for it to be deadly, Felix said.
'You went into the school intending to kill not just two people but many people,' Felix told the boy. 'You wanted devastation, an inescapable tragedy for the ages.'
Felix - Boy - Indiana - Department - Correction
Felix ordered that the boy be sent to the Indiana Department of Correction for placement in a state juvenile detention facility for rehabilitation. He will be placed on probation after turning 18.
Defense lawyer Christopher Eskew said he worries that the youth won't receive the counseling he needs in the...
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.