Charles Bronson said it was 'figure of speech' when he threatened to bite governor's nose off

Mail Online | 11/15/2018 | Alexander Robertson For Mailonline
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/14/16/6180430-0-image-a-13_1542211732590.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/10/12/4560360524376290100/1024x576_MP4_4560360524376290100.mp4

Charles Bronson has told a jury it was simply a 'figure of speech' when he threatened to bite his prison governor's nose off in a row over his estranged wife.

The 66-year-old allegedly lunged at governor Mark Docherty in January after bosses at HMP Wakefield refused to release snaps of his jail wedding to Paula Williamson, 37.

Anniversary - Wedding - TV - Actress - Bronson

Speaking on the anniversary of his wedding to a TV actress, Bronson, now known as Charles Salvador, said 'for once in my life I really am an innocent man'.

Jurors heard how Bronson had pinned the governor to the ground prior to a welfare meeting and told him: 'I will bite you f***ing nose off and I will gouge your eyes out'.

Bronson - Jumpsuit - Charge - Harm - Intent

Bronson, representing himself and wearing a green and yellow jumpsuit, denies a charge of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent.

Giving evidence today, Bronson told a court he's had six fights as an unlicenced prizefighter outside of prison including against five men and even a rottweiler dog.

Jurors - Leeds - Crown - Court - Prison

But he told jurors at Leeds Crown Court that prison staff had 'over-reacted' and he only intended to grab hold of the governor in a gentle bear hug.

He said: 'When I went into that room there was nothing in my mind whatsoever to attack the governor.

'I - Man - Time - Hug

'I have been a very nasty man in my time. What I was going to do was grab him in a bear hug, a gentle one not a hard one.

'Unfortunately, after being who I am staff, prison officers over-reacted and I can understand why.

Call - Reality - Check

'I never injured him or intended to injure him, it was more of a wake-up call for him, a reality check.

'He might be the governor but I have always said do whatever you want to me but please don't mess around with my family.'

Bronson - Language

Bronson labelled the foul-mouthed language - which...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!