PCA, R.I.P.

Blog & Mablog | 11/14/2018 | Douglas Wilson
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://dougwils.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/No-Quarter-November.jpg

INTRODUCTION:

Bear with me for just a few moments. This will get livelier, and a lot more interesting, in just short while.

Point - State - Qualifications - Point - Qualifications

I am not seeking to qualify my point, as should become apparent shortly, but I do need to state my qualifications to make the point. Those qualifications, as I hope you will acknowledge shortly, are sterling, and a central part of my argument. We are struggling with different definitions of the word qualification here. In speaking to this issue of the coming demise of the PCA, I have the qualifications to make no qualifications.

I am not a member of a PCA church, nor have I ever been a member of a PCA church. I grew up in Southern Baptist circles, and after my hitch in the Navy, found myself pastoring a Jesus-people-like baptistic fellowship. That church started to grow, and so I couldn’t really get away to seminary. I finished my formal schooling in philosophy, and then turned to an OJT reading program in theology. As a result of books—a series of dangerous books—I began to careen through some of my paradigm shifts, like I was a exegetical pinball or something. I started out a conservative evangelical of baptistic mien, and in the mid-eighties I became postmill. Then in 1988 I became a Calvinist. One thing led to another, and by 1993, I was a paedobaptist.

Me - Paedobaptist - Consternation - Session - Church

Me becoming a paedobaptist caused no little consternation on the session of our church, and so the elders began the process of removing me from the pulpit. We then had a heads of household meeting in which the congregation (still mostly baptists or agno-baptists) told the elders in no uncertain terms that they did not want to divide over this issue, and that they wanted the elders to work it out. After that crisis, the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Blog & Mablog
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?
Tagged: