White adoptive mom expresses gratitude towards stranger who helped style her black daughter's hair

Mail Online | 11/14/2018 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
cindy95240 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/13/23/6150240-0-image-a-5_1542151536644.jpg

A stranger has helped out a white adoptive mom on styling her black daughter's hair, and the heartwarming interaction spread across the internet.

Stephanie Hollifield, 33, from Georgia adopted her daughter Haley when she was just eight months old. But once the child turned two years old, Stephanie realized she lacked knowledge on caring for black hair.

Facebook - Post - Friday - Stephanie - Plea

In a Facebook post on Friday, Stephanie sent out a plea to other black women to offer up advice on styling and combing Haley's hair, Yahoo Lifestyle reported.

She wrote in her post: 'This clueless white momma is humbly coming to you to ask your help with Haley's hair.

'I - Friends - Strangers - Publix - Kids

'I have asked my friends. I have asked strangers in Publix with kids with cute hair, and I'm still not getting it.'

The post detailed the weekly routine she employed involving leave-in conditioner, oil and a hot towel to help brush and style the hair. But the look never lasts.

Feel - Hour - Stephanie - Product - Right

'I feel like it looks great for about an hour or two and then it is tangly and clumpy again,' Stephanie wrote. 'What am I doing wrong? I have literally bought every product that has been recommended to us. I desperately want to get this right!'

Included with the post was a picture of Haley at school, which was when Stephanie realized her daugther's hair was not staying styled like she hoped.

Facebook - Side - Day - Letter - Attention

Facebook was on her side that day as the open letter caught the attention from Monica Hunter, another Georgia woman

Monica is black and has three school-aged children of her own; so she messaged Stephanie with an offer to help her in-person.

Sunday - Monica - Stephanie - Place - Supplies

On Sunday, Monica arrived at Stephanie's place armed with supplies...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!