Defining Terms: Provisional Ballot, Overvote and Undervote

The Rush Limbaugh Show | 11/13/2018 | George Prayias
ditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/APP-110918-Florida-votes.jpg

RUSH: To Round Lake, Illinois. This is Claudia. Thank you for calling, and welcome to the program. Hi!

CALLER: Hi! Thank you for answering and talking with me.

RUSH

RUSH: You bet!

CALLER: I’ve been hearing you and listening to you since ’92.

RUSH - Appreciate

RUSH: Appreciate that.

RUSH: Yes?

CALLER - Mr - Snerdley - Question - Questions

CALLER: — Mr. Snerdley said to get to it right away if I could. My question is, has three little questions, one being what is a provisional ballot? Could you explain that?

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER - Overvotes

CALLER: And the other two are what are undervotes and what are overvotes.

RUSH: Yes, yes, yes. Those are excellent questions.

CALLER

CALLER: I don’t know what it means.

RUSH: Well, you’re hearing a lot of talk about it, but you don’t know what it means. Journalism, like I said yesterday, they report on these fires, like the Woolsey fire, they never tell you how the fire’s named. Why is it called the Woolsey fire? Had to look it up.

Ballot - Ballot - Cast - Somebody - Place

A provisional ballot is a ballot cast by somebody who may not be eligible to vote. They show up at the polling place or they submit an absentee or an early vote but there may be some question about their registration, may not be registered, but they think they are, they say they are. So you give people that can’t prove they’re registered to vote a provision vote. They are not supposed to even be counted unless races are very close.

I mean, they are counted at the end of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Rush Limbaugh Show
Wake Up To Breaking News!