'Won’t You Be My Neighbor?' backer launches doc development fund

Screen | 11/13/2018 | Jeremy Kay
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://d1nslcd7m2225b.cloudfront.net/Pictures/2000x2000fit/6/6/2/1292662_neighbor_770192.png

WON’T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?

Impact Partners, the Brooklyn-based funder of documentaries such as Won’t You Be My Neighbor? and Oscar winner Icarus, has launched a development fund.

Impact - Partners - Seven-figure - Fund - Support

Impact Partners said the seven-figure fund will provide annual support to four to eight documentary features and series, or early projects that could turn out to be either format, and will provide $10,000-$100,000 per project.

Filmmakers can apply through Impact Partners’ general submission process and the fund will begin accepting applications on a rolling basis on December 1.

Impact - Partners - Filmmakers - Range - Reasons

Impact Partners said Filmmakers can apply for a range of reasons, including development shoots, cutting a trailer or reel, conducting archival research, casting characters or many other reasons related to development.

“Development is the most under-funded area in documentary filmmaking,” said Impact Partners executive director Dan Cogan, who founded the company with Geralyn Dreyfous. “We want to change that. That’s why we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Screen
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...