If You’ve Been Asking for God to Give You a Message: Here it is

Ann Voskamp | 11/13/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1902/45361972141_df5812b8f2_b_d.jpg

Such a traveler has moved on to the far better beyond. I confess, since I heard about Eugene, I’ve often fought tears. I love the man. I met him only once, sat in the Colorado mountains, a few of us in a log cabin, with Eugene and his bride, Jan, for an hour or two. I will never forget his mirth, the way he laughed and his eyes danced. Eugene and his gentle joy. I thank God for Eugene’s faith battle that helped countless of us win more of ours. We were all graced with one of the great saints of the faith. For 18 months, John Blasé and I poured over every word, of every line, of every page of The Message and countless times my heart ached with the question: When will one like this pastoral giant ever pass by our way again? Maybe today even the trees of the field applaud, and we nod, bravely smiling through tears — we have not lost one of the greats… with Eugene, we all only gained. It’s a grace to welcome my friend, John Blase, to our farm’s front porch, as we share the journey of our “work” with Eugene over a year ago.

Alexander Pope said it: “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.”

Word - Him - You… - Place - Him

Reading His Word is not about getting Him to love you… but about getting yourself to the place where you can hear Him tell you He loves you.

When NavPress approached the two of us about working on some revisions for The Message Devotional Bible in celebration of its twenty-fifth anniversary, we hesitated for about a minute — then said yes.

Foolish? Maybe.

Why take such a beautifully influential creation and tinker around with it, with at least a fair chance of messing it up?

Question

That’s a good question, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ann Voskamp
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: