Marvel's Stan Lee dies: Remembering the godfather of geeks and my former boss

CNET | 11/12/2018 | Bonnie Burton
Micaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/C8gYtP8RzO5Pc38TdOuOmZcgciA=/724x407/2018/11/12/31f14c0c-e770-4657-b164-6f36425e0a66/gettyimages-951734734.jpg

Bonnie Burton takes a selfie with Stan Lee on one of the many comic book convention panels promoting his World of Heroes YouTube channel.

Legendary comic book writer Stan Lee has died at 95. The cause of death has not yet been announced.

Entertainment - Gods - Superhero - Creator - Lee

There are some entertainment legends we all like to think of as immortal gods, and superhero creator Lee was one of them.

Sure, he was 95 years old -- an age many celebrities never reach -- but Lee was more than just a celebrity. He seemed to transcend normal mortal rules.

Homemade - Stan - Lee - Puppet - DIY

The homemade Stan Lee spoon puppet I made on "Geek DIY" for his World of Heroes YouTube network.

Lee's daughter, J.C., told TMZ of his passing, "My father loved all of his fans. He was the greatest, most decent man."

Lee - Illnesses - Bout - Pneumonia - Year

Lee had recently suffered multiple illnesses, including a bout of pneumonia earlier this year, which he revealed during during a press conference in February, when he said poor health had caused him to cancel several appearances.

"I want you all to know I'm thinking of you, of course I always think of the fans, and I hope you're all doing well, and I miss you all," Lee said at the time.

Enthusiasm - Notes - Photos - Emails - Pneumonia

"I miss your enthusiasm, I miss all your notes, all your photos and emails. I want you to know that I still love you all. Maybe I'll have some of this pneumonia knocked down, and we can have some real fun over the internet. Until then, excelsior."

Lee -- writer, publisher and publisher of Marvel Comics -- was best known as the man bringing Marvel's superheroes like Spider-Man, Thor, X-Men and the Avengers to life in comics, movies and TV shows. On his own and with collaborators Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, he made Marvel the top publisher of comic books and a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!