Britain must help brave mother in fear of lynch mob

Mail Online | 11/13/2018 | Larisa Brown And Jason Groves For The Daily Mail
Night987 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/12/22/6103492-0-image-a-49_1542060680640.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/08/2671063662961930534/1024x576_MP4_2671063662961930534.mp4

Boris Johnson last night demanded a Pakistani Christian mother freed from death row be given refuge in Britain.

In an extraordinary intervention, the former foreign secretary said Asia Bibi, 53, was at serious risk if she stayed in her home country.

Month - Years - Jail - Blasphemy - Charges

She was cleared last month after eight years in jail on blasphemy charges but now faces being lynched by extremists. Mr Johnson said 'brave' Mrs Bibi had suffered appalling treatment because of her faith.

He has told Sajid Javid that the danger of retaliatory attacks against British interests should not stop her being granted asylum.

Letter - Home - Secretary - 'I - Secretary

In a letter to the Home Secretary, he said: 'I am well aware, as a former foreign secretary, of the constant threat to our overseas missions but we cannot allow the threat of violence to deter us from doing the right thing.

'I do not think it is a dignified position for the UK, given our historic links with Pakistan and the extent of our influence there, to look to others to do what we are allegedly nervous to do ourselves.' In the letter, seen by the Mail and also sent to Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, Mr Johnson said Mrs Bibi had an overwhelming claim for compassion from the British Government.

Foreign - Office - Handling - Case - British

While at the Foreign Office he was heavily criticised for his handling of the case of British mother Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who was jailed in Iran on spying charges.

He was accused of risking an additional five years being added to her sentence when he told MPs that she had been in Iran to train journalists.

Mr - Johnson - Suggestion - Capacity

Mr Johnson had to apologise, retracting 'any suggestion she was there in a professional capacity'.

His intervention on behalf of Mrs Bibi comes only 24 hours after he urged Cabinet ministers to mutiny against the Prime Minister over her proposed Brexit deal.

Mr - Javid - Son - Pakistani

Mr Javid, the son of Pakistani...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never under estimate the power of the people, especially when they are a stupid mass!