‘Christopher Robin’ Screenwriter Allison Schroeder on Writing Pooh-isms and the Works of A.A. Milne [Interview]

/Film | 11/9/2018 | Jack Giroux
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/christopher-robin-1.jpg

Writer Allison Schroeder sure knows how to write a real deal feel-good movie. The screenwriter behind last year’s monster hit, Hidden Figures, and the co-writer of this year’s delightful Disney reimagining, Christopher Robin, can seamlessly pull at the heart strings with big or small fireworks, whether in a major tearjerker scene or during a tender moment between two characters sitting on a log. There’s a refreshing earnestness to the Oscar nominee’s work, which rings especially true in her elegantly simple and heartfelt adaptation of A.A. Milne‘s classic stories.

When Schroeder’s name appears in the opening credits of Christopher Robin alongside Tom McCarthy (Spotlight) and Alex Ross Perry (Queen of Earth), you know right away the iconic characters are in good hands. Schroeder recently told us a bit about her work with the director, being inspired by Milne’s words and stories, the trick of writing Pooh-isms, and her first job in the business, working on Pineapple Express.

Did - AA - Milne - Writing

Where did you begin when you were hired? Did you first immediately go back to A.A. Milne’s writing?

Of course. I think we were trying to put in any reference we really could, especially for the fans and the people that grew up loving Pooh. Even down to the signs you see in the Hundred Acre Wood or Pooh’s little song, you know, we were constantly referring back to A.A. Milne and what nods we could make.

Nods - Cuts - Nods - Diehard - Fan

I got some of the big nods, but are there any deep cuts, nods it’d take a diehard fan to spot?

Probably the sign at the bottom heffalump pit. You’d really have to know what that is, and woozles I think you’d have to be a fan to know exactly what they look like. Another nod I don’t think everyone got was his co-workers, his business workers, actually represented the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!