Ask Chuck: Repurposing vs. Retiring

www.christianpost.com | 11/9/2018 | Staff
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/119428/chuck-bentley.jpg

To learn Biblical answers to your financial questions, you can #AskChuck @AskCrown your questions by clicking here. Questions used may be lightly edited for length or clarity.

I have friends who retired a few years ago. Several are thriving while others seem to wish they were back at the careers they left behind. I thought retirement was supposed to be the best years of our life. I am trying to determine: a) should I retire and b) when? Any thoughts?

Question - Retirement - American - Style - Problem

This is a great question and one we should all wrestle with. Retirement, American style, is a problem I have observed as well so I am happy to share some of my thoughts about it.

The upsides of retirement are made to look as if you leave all your headaches and stress behind, take up your favorite activities full time and live a peaceful, blissful life until the end.

Advertisements - Beach - Golf - Course - Pastime

Very few advertisements will tell you that the beach or sunny golf course or favorite pastime will easily become boring with overuse. As Proverbs 27:7 says, One who is full will loathe honey... Too much of anything is not good for us and we will eventually lose interest.

Many of the patriarchs, prophets and apostles worked hard until the day God took them home. Some did their greatest work after the time we would have considered them to be "old men." Moses, Joshua, and Paul each understood their God-ordained purpose and served until their dying days.

Retirement - Bible - Numbers - Retirement - Levites

Retirement is mentioned once in the Bible (Numbers 8:23-26), concerning the retirement of the Levites from the tent of meeting.

Chris Farrell, author ofUnretirement: How Baby Boomers Are Changing the Way We Think About Work, Community and the Good Life, wrote:

Boomers - Generations - Workplace - Communities - Options

Boomers are healthier and better educated than previous generations, eager to stay engaged at the workplace and in their communities, exploring options...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!