Stepping in Poop

Adam McLane | 11/9/2018 | Staff
Omnista (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://adammclane.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/stepping-in-poop.jpg

As a gardener and dog owner poop is part of life.

In fact, stepping in poop is part of my daily life. I step in dog poop, chicken poop, or I don’t even want to know whose poop it is poop nearly every day. Sometimes several times in a day.

Poop - Fact - Expert - Poop - Bottom

It doesn’t seem to matter how much we clean up nor how careful I am in walking around: I’m in the poop. In fact, I step in it so frequently that I’m an expert at getting the poop off of the bottom of my shoes. I could do a PhD in it.

Everyone who gardens knows that being around poop is part of growing your own food. I amend my soil with worm castings (poop) and chicken manure (poop). Plants in our aquaponics are fed by– you guessed it– fish poop.

Garden

If I’m not stepping in it or cleaning it up then I’m moving it around or putting it in the garden.

As a gardener you get comfortable with poop because it’s part of running an effective garden. Sure, we don’t take many pictures of poop. But all the fruits, veggies, and flowers that people like to take pictures of– fueled by poop.

Poop - Sign - Something - Way - Poop

Being in and around the poop is a sign that you are doing something. That you’re being productive. In a way, being in and around poop is proof you’re in and around where the action actually happens.

When I go to a grocery store or even the farmers market I kind of laugh at the sterility of it all. Beef is in neat little packages as if the cow didn’t step in it’s own poop or pee on itself multiple times a day. We open a carton of eggs to make sure none are broken, but you won’t see chicken poop on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Adam McLane
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: