WHEN I GROW UP, I WANT TO BE... A YOUTUBER

Christianity.com | 5/22/2017 | Staff
When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? If you were like most children, answers would have probably included such things as being a police officer, doctor or a teacher.

Times have changed.

Aspirations - Children - Ages - Child

What if I told you that the top aspirations of present-day children between the ages of 6 and 17 didn’t even exist when you were a child?

A survey of more than a thousand children by the travel company First Choice found that nearly 75% now want a career in online videos. Specifically, more than a third wanted to be a YouTuber, and nearly a fifth wanted to work as a vlogger.

Money - Attractions - Creativity - Fame - Opportunity

It’s not about the money. The top attractions were “creativity, fame and the opportunity for self-expression.” According to Internet Matters, more than four out of 10 children are uploading videos to the web by the time they reach 15 years old.

Understandably, they want their education experience to match their career plans. The study found that they “would rather learn media studies and how to use video editing software than traditional subjects.” Instagram is ready to serve by now offering an “academy” designed to “teach teenagers how to become social media stars.” As reported by the Telegraph: “… the photo sharing app is running three days of free workshops to train would-be influencers in how to become an online success. The curriculum covers everything from camera angles to how to make your content ‘relatable.’”

Children - Desire - Pop - Star - Athlete

It’s hard to blame the children for making this their professional desire, eclipsing becoming a pop star or famous athlete. The internet is the world in which they live and the world that lives in them. And unlike the arduous amount of work and competition for careers in such areas as medicine or law, with these aspirations...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christianity.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: