7 Ways to Better Ensure Your Email Gets Read

Ron Edmondson | 11/9/2018 | Ron Edmondson
abbycraig (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Fotolia_84684662_XS.jpg

Good advice. Now, the same for Christmas letters!

Thanks. Thanks!Ron Edmondson

BOLD - CHANGE - COLOR - Points - Time

I BOLD and CHANGE COLOR for the key points. It takes a little more time and creativity, but my volunteers have said they appreciate it.

That's good. I READ this!

Webmaster - University - LOT - E-mails - Students

As webmaster for a christian university, I send out a LOT of e-mails to prospective students, but the best tip I have is actually for personal e-mails. Greet someone personally, especially if the e-mail isn't part of an ongoing conversation chain. I'm a young, but starting with Hi or Dear isn't dead yet. The same with closing your e-mail. Close with a thanks or salutation and a personal note! The rudest e-mails to me are from people who just spit out the facts and then include "Thanks" in every e-mail they send… as part of their e-mail signature. Oh one more: When people send a thank you e-mail, try sending a "Your Welcome" type of e-mail. It shows that even when the issue has been resolved you still want to invest time in the person.

Great points. Thanks for sharing them.

People - Face - Face - Email - Personal

some people can't say what they want to say face to face, hence a long email. Personal stuff can't be stuck into a bullet point. People send me things, not junk mail, but a letter, then I read it. Junk mail I just delete and move on.

Good reminder. If it\’s worthy of a read and not just informational. I\’ll read it

Everyone - Post

I wish I could make everyone I know read this post.

Ha! Can't you? Like the avatar!

Tip - Email - Parts - Sentence - Idea

Another tip: If a long email is absolutely necessary, use formatting to highlight the important parts. Bold the sentence that states the main idea of the email, and underline any questions that require responses.

Good tip!

% - Emails

I read about 99% of my emails on my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ron Edmondson
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?
Tagged: