Friday Festival

RevGalBlogPals | 11/9/2018 | Staff
trainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://revgalblogpals.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/img_1131.jpg

This weekend is an important anniversary… 100 years since the end of the Great War; and here in Scotland there is much going on in preparation for it; knitters all over the country have been working hard to create poppies, in many shades of red, (and purple, blue and white) which have been used to create astonishing displays, marking the century; marking the pain and loss… and my first suggestion for your reading today, takes us to a reflection on Armistice by Tony Mitchell… it includes the poignant dedication in his grandfather’s diary, and his simple entry for 11th November 1918.

Deep in the Southern Hemisphere, Maren Tirabassi writes beautiful poetry; her litany takes us from dawn to dusk, in New Zealand, as she writes about taking leave, and returning to California; she finishes reflecting with stories of love and family, and responding to her grandsons’ request for stories of New Zealand begins… (accompanied by a picture) “a pukeko made me laugh…”

Elaine - Besthorn - Edge - Days - Reflections

Elaine Besthorn writes at The Edge is Here most days; and her reflections are always worth reading; she (like me) loves poetry and her #contemplative posts are lovely; on Thursday she posted short verse from Hafiz, Contemplative:Morning is worth a moment’s pause.

I have books! This may not surprise you at all… in fact I’m pretty sure, if you are reading this, you too have books… many, many books. I was struck by a post simply called Five Books… (what? five?!! hah!) so had to go take a look; Quantum Theology, is the blog of Michelle Francl-Donnay, professor of chemistry and “sometime scholar at the Vatican Observatory”. Her challenge was to choose just five books on chemistry; now I am not a chemist...
(Excerpt) Read more at: RevGalBlogPals
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.
Tagged: