U.S. Republican McHenry To Seek Senior Party Post On House Finance Panel

www.oann.com | 6/21/2018 | Staff
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. Representative Patrick McHenry said on Thursday he was seeking the top Republican position on the House finance panel, and received the backing of a fellow Republican who had been considered the top contender for the role.

“I look forward to continuing my conversations with my House Republican colleagues as I make the case for why I’m the best candidate to lead our committee going forward,” McHenry said in a statement, two days after Democrats won control of the House of Representatives in congressional elections.

Republican - House - Financial - Services - Committee

If he becomes the ranking Republican on the House Financial Services Committee, McHenry, now the panel’s vice chairman, would work alongside – and often in opposition to – Democratic Representative Maxine Waters, who is set to chair the powerful body starting in January.

Waters is a fierce critic of big banks. She wants to impose tougher rules on the sector and investigate President Donald Trump.

Representative - Blaine - Luetkemeyer - Front-runner - Panel

Republican Representative Blaine Luetkemeyer, who had emerged as the front-runner to lead the panel if...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.