08 nov Jesuits Against Focolarini. The Beatification of Chiara Lubich in Doubt

Settimo Cielo | 1/27/2015 | Staff
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.repstatic.it/cless/channel/espresso/2013-v1/img/lespresso800-200.png

Ever since the head of the Vatican congregation for the causes of saints has been Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciu, a focolarino from way back, the opinion has been growing that the beatification of Chiara Lubich, who was the founder of the Focolare movement and its head until her death in 2008, will soon become a reality.

Or maybe not. Because the opponents of her beatification are not to be underestimated. And they have in the Society of Jesus, the same one to which Pope Francis belongs, their leading personalities, among them such a high-ranking cardinal of substantial influence even “post mortem,” and almost Lubich’s peer, as Carlo Maria Martini.

Jesuits - Example - Jean-Marie - Hennaux - Professor

One of these Jesuits is, for example, Jean-Marie Hennaux, professor of the theology faculty of the Society of Jesus in Brussels and author of the most biting critique published so far on the theological thought of Chiara Lubich, which he sees condensed in this disturbing beginning to a 1950 manuscript of hers:

“Every soul of the Focolari has to be an expression of mine and nothing else. My Word contains all of those of the focolarine and focolarini. I summarize all of them. So when I appear they must let themselves be engendered by me, commune with me. I too, like Jesus, must say to them: ‘And he who eats my flesh….’”

December - Fr - Hennaux - Evisceration - Lubich

In December of 2014 Fr. Hennaux delivered his evisceration of Lubich’s theology to the bishop of Frascati, Raffaello Martinelli, who had asked it of him shortly before officially opening the cause of beatification of the foundress of Focolare on January 27, 2015, at the cathedral of the diocese adjacent to Rome in which the motherhouse of the movement is located.

And now Father Hennaux’s analysis is available to anyone who wants to read it, as part of a multi-author volume published in 2017 and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Settimo Cielo
Wake Up To Breaking News!