California shooting witnesses tell how they broke windows with bar stools to escape

Mail Online | 11/8/2018 | Chris Pleasance for MailOnline
TaylorShaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/08/11/5927484-0-image-a-42_1541677635966.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/08/765409768787653325/1024x576_MP4_765409768787653325.mp4

Tearful witnesses have described the moment a relaxing night out with friends turned into a bloodbath as a gunman killed 11 people at bar in California before being shot dead.

College students at the Borderline Bar and Grill, in Thousand Oaks, told how they were dancing one moment and fleeing for their lives the next as they watched a doorman and cashier struck by a hail of bullets.

Gunman - Man - Matt - Bar - Stool

As the gunman stopped to reload, one man called Matt said he used a bar stool to smash one of the windows and help 30 people run to safety.

Another, Teylor Whittler, said she got a good look at the gunman who was shooting with 'perfect form' and 'knew exactly what he was doing'.

Teylor - Dance - Floor - Gunshots - 'I

Teylor, a 19-year-old who was on the dance floor when gunshots rang out, said: 'I was on the dance floor dancing at the time and then all my friends were at the table right by the door and then I heard the gunshot.

'I turned around and I saw him shoot a couple more times and within a split second, everyone yelled "get down".

Left - Dance - Floor - Door - Everyone

'So I ran to the left of the dance floor where the back door is and everyone pretty much piled on top of each other and then it was silent for a couple of seconds.

'Then all of a sudden, a couple of guys that were closer to the bar, they got up and started running towards the back door, saying "get up, he's coming."

Panic - Everyone - Guy - Let

'So it was huge panic, everyone was trying to get up... some guy came behind me, lifted me up and said "let's go."

'I got a bar stool thrown at my head because they were trying to break the window to get out. And we finally made it out, ran up the hill.'

After making...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!