David Lynch Releases Long-Awaited Thought Gang Album/Music Video As A Reports Of A New Film Surface

The Playlist | 11/6/2018 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/David-Lynch-Thought-Gang-Video.jpg

Thought Gang is a band that was created back in the early ‘90s when filmmaker David Lynch and his “Blue Velvet”/”Twin Peaks” composer Angelo Badalamenti decided to work together on a new musical venture. They worked with a variety of musicians and attempted to create something special. Lynch even filmed a music video for one of the tracks, “A Real Indication.” And now, 26 years after the album was recorded, Lynch has finally released the Thought Gang album and the video he directed.

“It was a grand experiment,” says David Lynch in an interview with The Guardian. “But I really don’t know who will appreciate it.”

Thought - Gang - Project - Badalamenti - Lynch

Thought Gang began as a project with Badalamenti and Lynch wanting to create some non-film music. But they were far from a real band. Thought Gang didn’t even have a singer. Things started to come together with Badalamenti doing the additional duty of singing. And even though Lynch was skeptical of Badalamenti’s chops, he was quickly won over when he heard the musician’s voice. “It thrilled me,” says Lynch. “I started laughing so hard I felt a lightbulb explode in my stomach. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!