3 Unusual Things the Christopher Robin Movie Taught Me About Parenting

Parent Cue | 11/5/2018 | Ted Lowe
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theparentcue.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/christopher_robin.jpg

My name is Ted. My daughter’s name is Teddie. Ted and Teddie are a lot alike. In fact, my wife calls us “the Teds” because what is true about one of us is often true about both of us. We are both sensitive for others . . . good news. We are both too sensitive for ourselves . . . bad news. We both experience things at deep levels, including a movie called Christopher Robin.

We were 2 of only 4 people in the theatre. We shared a blanket because the Teds are always cold. So we put up the arm rest between us, snuggled up, and got teary often as we watched the story of Christopher Robin. If you don’t know Christopher Robin, he is a story book character who played with talking woodland creatures including Winnie the Pooh, a yellow bear of “not much brain but big heart.” The movie featured a grown up Christopher Robin who worked too much and was distant from his wife and daughter. At first I thought, here we go again, Dad works too much, has a revelation, turns over a new leaf and all is restored. Spoiler alert: This happens. But there were some unusual lessons that both affirmed and informed my parenting.

Lesson

Lesson One:

I’m always trying to think of something to do with my kids. After all I work with Parent Cue, the land of intentionally and motivation to not miss any phase of your child growing up. But despite my immersion into Parent Cue world, I think I can miss the point. Perhaps instead of always thinking of something to do with my kids, I need to plan times to do nothing with my kids. I know this sounds like a contradiction, but I think it is anything but. Our lives are...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Parent Cue
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.