John Cena as Captain America? Wrestler's post has fans dreaming

CNET | 11/5/2018 | Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/RAxoLCf0PtaeCIhXtPFaXDgBB7U=/724x407/2018/11/05/0d3399ea-fb5b-4215-811d-89db3376b0f9/johncenacaptainamericashield.jpg

John Cena as Captain America? Some of his fans think that's a star-spangled idea.

On Sunday, the wrestler and actor posted a mysterious image to his Instagram account that started fans buzzing. It's a picture of Captain America's shield with five scratches (claw marks?) in it.

Cena - Caption - Photo - Sense - Biography

Cena didn't caption or explain the photo, which makes sense considering he says right in the biography area of his Instagram page that he won't explain images he posts. It reads: "These images will be posted without explanation, for your interpretation. Enjoy."

Representatives for Cena and Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Cena - Movies - Voice - Actor - Others

Cena has appeared in numerous movies and served as a voice actor for others. In 2018, he starred in the risque comedy Blockers, and has a leading role in the Transformers film Bumblebee, which comes out in December.

Fans got all kinds of ideas based on the shield photo.

Cena - Cap - Cuz - Captain - America

Some want Cena to play Cap. "I would die cuz he already is my Captain America," wrote trichster92. And lucaciubeniamin enthused, "the right man for the job, JC. No surprise for me."

Some don't. "U will be better at Drax role or stuntman for any beast alien," wrote kaan-odabas on Instagram. And anastasia_beaverhausen98 was blunt, writing, "Gross....
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care