Bronson Pinchot on ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ and Working with Kiernan Shipka

Collider | 11/4/2018 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-bronson-pinchot.jpg

From show creator/writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the Netflix original series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina follows Sabrina Spellman (Kiernan Shipka), the magical 16-year-old half-witch/half-mortal who feels conflicted about both sides of her nature. While Sabrina is on her own personal journey of discovering what she stands for and where she belongs, her aunts Hilda (Lucy Davis) and Zelda (Miranda Otto), warlock cousin Ambrose (Chance Perdomo), high priest Father Blackwood (Richard Coyle), the Devil’s handmaiden Madam Satan (Michelle Gomez), human boyfriend Harvey (Ross Lynch), and even her familiar, Salem the cat, are each trying to influence her, in their own way.

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, actor Bronson Pinchot (who plays Baxter High’s villainous principal George Hawthorne) talked about how he came to be a part of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, what he thinks of the dark approach to this material, what he loves about sitcom compared to single camera, why Sabrina Spellman is such a thorn in his side, what it’s like working with Kiernan Shipka, and one of the funniest moments that happened on set.

Collider - Fan - Sabrina - Series - Nothing

Collider: I was a fan of the original Sabrina series, of which this is nothing like, and I’m glad about that because it can really be its own thing.

BRONSON PINCHOT: Oh, yeah, it’s true. People say to me, all the time, “What are you working on?,” and I take a long breath because as soon as I say Sabrina, they say, “So, what’s it like playing her cat?” And I say, “No, it’s not all cute like that.” It’s fabulously sexy and funny and nasty. The thing that I tell people to center them and get them to stop yapping about how cute Sabrina was, is about how they eat people in this. They eat people!

Part

How did you come to be a part of this?

PINCHOT: I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!