Freddie Mercury's homosexual lifestyle was intentionally toned down in Queen biopic

Mail Online | 11/2/2018 | Ryan Parry West Coast Editor For Dailymail.com And James Desborough For Dailymail.com
KHALED (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/11/02/15/5698594-0-image-a-22_1541172525962.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/02/7923437826051097002/1024x576_MP4_7923437826051097002.mp4

Freddie Mercury's wild homosexual lifestyle off stage was left out of the Bohemian Rhapsody film for commercial reasons, helping the band and movie studio earn millions of dollars more.

John Houlihan, Senior Vice President of Fox Music, who oversaw the movie's score, confirmed that avoiding the sexually charged nature of Mercury's love life meant that the film could remain PG-13.

Movie - Rami - Malek - Mercury - Gay

A movie with Rami Malek dramatizing Mercury's infamous gay escapades and adventurous multi-partner lifestyle would have required an R-rating.

The decision to tone it down makes it a family-friendly 'movie for the masses,' Houlihan told DailyMailTV.

Event - Los - Angeles - Houlihan - Firm

Speaking at an event in Los Angeles, Houlihan stood firm against critics who blamed the movie's shortcomings on glossing over Mercury's hedonistic lifestyle.

He said: 'Nothing is hidden away. I think that the decision was made to have a PG-13 film that can go extremely wide. When you look at quadrants of film, a rated R film gets very, very limited.

Family - Film - Queen - Family - Music

'Essentially, it's a family film. Queen is family music. The band has always hit upon many, many generations of fans, and this is a great film where they can all go. It's a movie for the masses.'

He added: 'I think a lot of people are judging the depth of the film addressing Freddie's sexuality based on three trailers and a lot of word of mouth.

Movie - Depth - Interior - Mr - Freddie

'I think the movie goes in depth into the interior of Mr. Freddie Mercury and his trials and tribulations and his life journey.

'I think it covers it in a really true and emotional way. I think when people watch the entire movie, there will be a consensus that it's very true. I know Freddie's close friends give it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tyranny has such cute names, like Democrat, Republican, Congress, Senate...