Gillum: Receipt of ‘Hamilton’ Tickets From Undercover FBI Agent Is ‘Sideshow’

Washington Free Beacon | 11/1/2018 | Aryssa Damron
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Screen-Shot-2018-11-01-at-8.28.09-AM.png

Andrew Gillum, the Democratic nominee for governor of Florida, on Thursday said the coverage of him receiving tickets to the Broadway show "Hamilton" from an undercover FBI agent is a "sideshow" pushed by his Republican opponent.

Gillum, the current mayor of Tallahassee, said during an appearance on "Morning Joe" that Rep. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.) has used the revelation Gillum received the tickets as a favor in an attempt to distract voters. The Florida Democrat previously claimed he received the tickets from his brother, but records show he received them from an undercover FBI agent looking into city corruption and who was posing as a businessman.

MSNBC - Host - Mika - Brezinzski - Gillum

MSNBC host Mika Brezinzski asked Gillum about the issues that have plagued his campaign, which have earned him the nickname "thief" from President Donald Trump and ultimately led a crowd at a Trump rally on Wednesday to chant "Lock him up!"

"Let me ask you about the actual issue, the ‘Hamilton' tickets and the FBI investigation. Any errors in judgement that you can clear up?" Brezinzski asked.

President - Thief - Anything - Hearts - Minds

"Let me first say, if the president has called me a thief, if I'm stealing anything it's hearts and minds. We're going to win this race frankly because of that reason," Gillum began. "On the issue, I've said all along I have zero tolerance for corruption. I'm not under FBI investigation, and neither is my city. What we've done is aided them all the way along. ‘Hamilton' has, again, been a sideshow."

Gillum previously claimed he received the tickets from his brother but records show he received them from an undercover FBI agent...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis