Hate preachers like Anjem Choudary should be jailed for TREASON, former justice minister says

Mail Online | 10/31/2018 | Danyal Hussain For Mailonline
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/31/21/5632246-0-image-a-10_1541021400506.jpg

A former justice minister has called for Anjem Choudary and other hate preachers to be jailed for treason.

Conservative peer Lord Faulks QC told the House of Lords that a new law should be drawn up to deal with terrorism from the likes of Choudary and dozens of Jihadi brides.

Offence - Debate - Counter-terrorism - Measures

He said he wanted to add the new offence during a debate on new counter-terrorism measures.

Lord Faulks said: 'Those who live and benefit from life in the UK and yet involve themselves in attacks against the UK, either here or abroad, are surely guilty of treason.

Allegiance - Country - Decadent - Country - Self-confidence

'Are we too timid to call it that? Is it because allegiance to our country is considered unfashionable? If so, that seems to verge on the decadent or at the very least it shows a country lacking in self-confidence.

'Those who reject the values of his country have the option to relinquish their citizenship, but while they remain here or regard it as their home, surely they owe a duty to other citizens, who have their own human rights.

Definition - Treason - Way - Duty

'This new definition of treason is a way of underlining that duty.'

Lord Faulks also spoke...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?