‘Birds Of Prey’ Director Cathy Yan Confirms R-Rating & Explains How She Landed The Job: “I Did My Homework”

The Playlist | 10/31/2018 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Margot-Robbie-Harley-Quinn-Birds-of-Prey.jpg

Cathy Yan is about to make the biggest film of her career. Fresh off the success of her indie film “Dead Pigs,” the filmmaker quickly jumped at the opportunity to direct the upcoming Warner Bros./DC film “Birds of Prey,” starring Margot Robbie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, and Rosie Perez. But Yan isn’t the obvious choice to direct the massive film, as her experience thus far has been limited to incredibly small budgets. But as she explained in a new discussion at the recent US-China Entertainment Summit (via Deadline), Yan got the gig utilizing some old-fashioned elbow grease.

“I did my homework,” Yan said, as she explained landing “Birds of Prey.” “I wouldn’t say it was easy, but it was relatively painless and straightforward. I immediately loved the script and it felt like something I could really do, and it felt very much like my own voice.”

Script - Dark - Humor - Lot - Work

She added, “I could not put the script down, it had so much dark humor to it which a lot of my work does, and there are themes of female empowerment which are so strong and relatable. So I went in with, not with confidence, but at least a sense that I belonged in the room, that somehow magically in terms of timing and luck that this opportunity was open to me and I was definitely going to make the best of it.”

For those not familiar with the project, “Birds of Prey” is the upcoming WB/DC film that sees the return of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.