Tell the King That I Die for Uganda

Juicy Ecumenism | 11/1/2016 | Faith McDonnell
Click For Photo: https://juicyecumenism.com/wp-content/uploads/15201458948_8256e3c541_b-e1478009345787.jpg

I cannot let October 29 go by without honoring the Rt. Reverend James Hannington, Anglican missionary bishop to East Equatorial Africa. Bishop Hannington was martyred on this day in 1885 when he was only 38 years old. Read his story below and join me in thanking God for missionaries, bishops, Anglicans, and Christians like James Hannington.

May God Himself honor the great sacrifice made by Bishop Hannington for Uganda and for all of East Equatorial Africa by pouring out His Spirit over that region, and particularly over South Sudan. On Wednesday, October 31, the nation of South Sudan is celebrating the peace agreement that we ask God will bring an end to all of the violence and conflict. May His Spirit convict the hearts of those who waged war against their own nation and bring them to true repentance, as they have been forgiven and accepted back by their nation’s leadership.

Saturday - October - Anniversary - Martyrdom - James

This past Saturday, October 29, 2016 was the 131st anniversary of the martyrdom of James Hannington, 38, Anglican missionary bishop to East Equatorial Africa.

Bishop Hannington was a great and godly man whose life and death make me proud to be an Anglican. His legacy, and that of others — such as the Ugandan Christians executed shortly thereafter by Mwanga, the Kabaka (king) of Buganda — is in the fires of revival that transformed East Africa.

Hannington - Story - Research - Grace - Akallo

I first learned Hannington’s story when I was doing research for my and Grace Akallo’s book, Girl Soldier: A Story of Hope for Northern Uganda’s Children. (Chosen Books 2007) Girl Soldier is about the plight of children in Northern Uganda, abducted and used as killing machines by Joseph Kony and his Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), but it is also traces the hand of God on the nation of Uganda in the midst of suffering, persecution, and death.

Here...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Juicy Ecumenism
Wake Up To Breaking News!
True or False Prophet, check for God keeping seal of approval.
Tagged: