Lame ‘Murphy Brown’ Hits at Trump for Lying '5,247 Times' in Office

NewsBusters | 10/26/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/murphy_brown_-_the_girl_who_cried_about_wolf_-_09_51_28_pm.jpg

The reboot of Murphy Brown is getting old quick. It has become a boring, paint by numbers exercise in liberal vanity, with shots (both direct and veiled) at President Trump, Melania, the Trump Hotel, and, of course, Fox News.

In the CBS show’s episode titled “The Girl Who Cried Wolf” airing October 25, Murphy Brown went to a frequent gag. Murphy (Candice Bergen) is forever in need of a new assistant and the show’s social media/tech guru comes up with a solution – an artificial intelligence one. Murphy is skeptical and then the techie, Pat (Nik Dodani), demonstrates by using a frequent claim on the left and particularly liberal cable news networks that President Trump lies a lot.

Pat - Gifts - Murphy - Record - Assistants

Pat: Also, I come bearing gifts. Murphy, I looked into your record with assistants, and... did you know that some of them formed a support group and at the end of every session, they pummel a Murphy Brown piñata with broomsticks? Anyway, I developed an algorithm that uses non-binary criteria and advanced analytics to find you the perfect assistant.

Murphy: I never know what this kid is saying.

Pat - Assistant - Languages - Connections - Thing

Pat: All you need to know is that I found you the perfect assistant. She is tireless, speaks many languages, has worldwide connections, and you never have to tell her the same thing twice. Meet...val.

Murphy: It looks like a thermos.

Pat - No - Val - L - Anyway

Pat: No, Val. It stands for voice-activated... Little... I don't actually know what the "L" stands for. Anyway, this is not your basic, off-the-shelf artificial intelligence. This is a next-generation, cutting-edge piece of tech not even on the market yet. Watch this. Val, how many times during his administration has Trump lied?

Val: President Trump has made false or misleading statements 5,247 times. Correction -- 5,248. Correction -- Apologies. He is currently at a rally.

Midst - News

In the midst of the news...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!