Emma Stone Says Her 'Organs Shifted' While Wearing a Corset for The Favourite

PEOPLE.com | 10/25/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/1l1010557cc_rgb.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2700px,1417.5px&resize=1200,630

Emma Stone got to slip into gorgeously elaborate costumes in The Favourite — but they came with some serious side-effects.

The Oscar winner, 29, stopped by the Graham Norton Show where she revealed the horror of having to shoot in a corset in order to fit the time period. The movie takes place in the early 1700s while Queen Anne battled with France, forcing Stone and her fellow leading ladies Olivia Colman and Rachel Weisz into way-too-tight clothing.

Women - Time - Lot - Sympathy - Time

“Women existed like that for such a long time, which gives you a lot of sympathy for that time period and what they were going through,” Stone says. “For the first month, I couldn’t breathe.”

The actress adds that the only thing that would relieve her discomfort was the smell of menthol. “I would smell menthol and it would make me think I was in a wide-open space and could breathe for a moment in time,” she says....
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A slice out of infinity