NFL Notebook: CB Peterson Pledges Commitment To Cardinals

www.oann.com | 10/24/2018 | Staff
Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson reaffirmed his commitment to the team Wednesday, saying he intends to be around for “years to come.”

The statement comes two days after ESPN reported Peterson “desperately” wanted out in Arizona and had requested a trade amid the team’s 1-6 start to the season. Cardinals president Michael Bidwill and head coach Steve Wilks each had been emphatic that the Cardinals would not trade Peterson, who is one of only four players since 1990 to make the Pro Bowl in each of his first seven NFL seasons.

Statement - ESPN - Peterson - Bidwill - Minutes

After the statement was released, ESPN reported that Peterson met with Bidwill for 30 minutes on Tuesday. Per the report, the pair discussed ways for Arizona to improve, and Bidwill assured Peterson of the team’s desire to win.

–Hours after The Athletic reported some Oakland Raiders players are questioning head coach Jon Gruden after a 1-5 start and trade of receiver Amari Cooper, the Raiders’ head coach and quarterback Derek Carr refuted to reporters any speculation that the signal caller’s future with the team is in doubt.

Trades - Gruden - Trades - Quarterback

“I don’t see us making any more trades,” said Gruden, who moments earlier said he would “never say never” about any future trades. “Certainly, I don’t see us trading our quarterback.”

Carr told reporters he expects to remain with Oakland, saying Gruden and general manager Reggie McKenzie have given him no reason to think otherwise. “I have confidence I’ll be here tomorrow, and when we turn this around, I’m very confident I’m gonna be here for that as well,” Carr said.

York - Giants - Tackle - Damon - Harrison

–New York Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison was traded to the Detroit Lions for a fifth-round draft pick, per multiple reports.

The Giants traded former first-round pick Eli Apple to New Orleans on Tuesday before unloading Harrison, signaling a shift toward unloading veterans for draft compensation as New...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction