A-List Prayers

Parent Cue | 3/27/2014 | Sarah Anderson
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theparentcue.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/8427_174957991627_5320669_n1.jpg

A couple of months ago, I attended a beautiful ceremony to celebrate a friend who decided to commit her future to missions. At a certain point in the celebration, my friend’s mom made her way over to where I was sitting. We small-talked for a bit, and then I asked her a loaded question,“How are you doing?” In other words, “Your mid-thirties single daughter is about to pack up her whole world and move to a different continent for the unforeseeable future. Are you okay with that???”

This mom, looked me in the eyes and said confidently, assuredly, beautifully, “Sarah, as a parent, there is nothing you pray for more than for your child to find their passion. Kelly found her passion. I could not be more happy.”

Novice - Things - Children - Passion - God

I am a novice at parenting. But when it comes to things I pray for my children, finding their passion and discovering God’s purpose, doesn’t always top my list. I know it’s supposed to, but praying my youngest doesn’t split his head open on our fireplace feels more pressing.

My prayers usually involve … Safety. Health. Protection. I allow those to trump purpose and passion on too regular a basis.

Beth - Moore - Priority - List - Mind

Beth Moore says we pray with a priority list in mind. We ask God all kinds of things on our kid’s behalf. Not bad things, but we pray them as a Priority A list, when God sees them as Priority B. It’s a happy marriage, healthy life, secure job. Great things. But, to God, they are B list items. Priority A consists of something along the lines of what this mom of a friend prayed for her own daughter.

That God get glory in and through the lives our children lead.

God - Show - Himself - Decisions

That God show Himself clearly and beautifully in the decisions they make.

That God gifts them with a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Parent Cue
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?
Tagged: