Real spies from GCHQ MI5 and MI6 talk Bodyguard James Bond and UK terror attacks on Radio 5 Live

Mail Online | 7/22/2014 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/23/22/5339570-0-image-a-34_1540328558492.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/24/7237008458346115206/1024x576_MP4_7237008458346115206.mp4

Real life spies have revealed what it's really like working for GCHQ, MI5 and MI6, what they thought of Bodyguard and how they cope with terror attacks.

Agents who risk their lives keeping Britain safe say they have to 'channel their anger' when terrorists kill innocent people in attacks like Manchester and London Bridge.

MI6 - Officer - Kate - Spy - Drama

An MI6 officer called Kate said she loved the recent spy drama Bodyguard but the tensions between police and the intelligence services 'aren't true', in a fascinating interview with BBC Radio 5 Live's Nihal Arthanayake.

John from MI6 revealed the organisation does actually have a 'Q' like the character in James Bond.

Bodyguard - Kate - MI6 - 'I - It…

Discussing Bodyguard, Kate from MI6 said: 'I really enjoyed it… I am from a privileged position that I know that that's' not true; MI5 and the police get on very well. It's fun. It's entertainment, that's why it's so popular.

'Of course its intriguing because it's based on organisations that are not really that well known about, that's part of the appeal, but I don't think I can get too hung up on the inaccuracies, of which there are too many to explain here.'

BBC - Killing - Eve - Story - MI5

On the BBC's Killing Eve, which tells the story of a desk-bound MI5 officer, John from MI6 was less convinced: 'You have to suspend a bit of disbelief. You do look at it and think 'that's completely ridiculous'.

'The only thing that really chimed with it for me where actually there's some pretty cool use of technology, well we do lots of that in our own work and that sense of teamwork…. The rest of it was a bit ridiculous.'

Ameesha - MI5 - Years - 'I - Acting

Ameesha has worked with MI5 for two years and added: 'I think the acting was incredible. That's one thing that stood out for me.

'I really enjoyed Killing Eve. But yeah there are moments where...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!