NBC covers star Megyn Kelly's controversial blackface comments

Mail Online | 7/22/2014 | Dailymail.com Reporter;Chris Spargo;Cheyenne Roundtree For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/23/15/5323544-0-image-a-37_1540305261901.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/23/3681980061677013278/1024x576_MP4_3681980061677013278.mp4

Megyn Kelly made headlines across news outlets on Tuesday after she defended white people who wanted to dress up in blackface for Halloween.

And the NBC host was not immune to coverage from her own company, which posted about her apology following the controversial comments.

Kelly - Blackface - Racist - Headline - Read

'Megyn Kelly apologizes for questioning why wearing blackface is considered racist,' the headline read on the NBC News site, even posting the story to its front page.

NBC's decision to cover a controversy surrounding its $69million star will no doubt raise eyebrows among media insiders and Today viewers alike.

Blackface - Scandal - Kelly - Stint - Peacock

But the blackface scandal is just one of many to plague Kelly's stint at the Peacock Network, and rumors have long swirled that NBC wants to give her the boot.

The NBC News article included an email that Kelly sent to her NBC colleagues on Tuesday, which had earlier been obtained by DailyMail.com.

Realize - Behavior - History - Blackface - Culture

'I realize now that such behavior is indeed wrong, and I am sorry. The history of blackface in our culture is abhorrent, the wounds too deep,' the note read.

Kelly went on to explain that she had never been a 'pc kind of person'.

Day - Age

'But I understand that we do need to be more sensitive in this day and age,' she added.

'Particularly on race and ethnicity issues which, far from being healed, have been exacerbated in our politics over the past year.'

'This - Time - Sensitivity - Honor - Part

'This is a time for more understanding, love, sensitivity and honor, and I want to be part of that. I look forward to continuing that discussion.'

Kelly first came under fire on Tuesday's edition of Megyn Kelly Today as she led a roundtable discussion on offensive Halloween costumes.

Racist - Trouble - Person - Blackface - Halloween

'But what is racist? You truly do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!