Amandla Stenberg Proudly Shows Off Unshaved Armpits on the Red Carpet

PEOPLE.com | 10/22/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/amandla-stenberg-1.jpg?crop=2px,78px,1401px,735px&resize=1200,630

View this post on Instagram

#drama #armpit

A post shared by Amandla Stenberg (@amandlasponsored) on

Amandla Stenberg proudly flaunted her unshaved armpit hair on the red carpet at the European premiere of her latest film, The Hate U Give.

The 19-year-old non-binary actor, who uses both they/them and she/her pronouns, showed off her armpit hair as she posed in a plunging, backless Valentino gown. Stenberg pointed out her underarm hair by sharing a photo of herself from the premiere on her Instagram alongside the caption, “#drama #armpit.”

Star - Issues - Media - Candid - Year

The star, who is vocal about political and social issues on social media and got candid last year about being bisexual, hopes she inspires others by sharing her journey.

“[I want to] show people who follow what I’m doing that you don’t really have to conform to those constructs in order to be valid or be worth something,” Stenberg told PEOPLE. “It’s been such a blessing to watch people who care about what I have to say feel more comfortable in their identities because they see I’m out here doing my thing.”

Stenberg - Star - Mission - Armpit - Hair

Stenberg isn’t the only female star on a mission to prove that armpit hair is beautiful. Madonna’s daughter Lourdes Leon, 22, embraced her unshaved body hair in a New Year’s Eve photo with her mom.

She likely got the inspiration from Madonna, who has flaunted hairy armpits...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!