Andy Naselli

Andy Naselli | 10/22/2018 | Andy Naselli
Click For Photo: http://andynaselli.com/wp-content/uploads/downie.jpg

Problem: I don’t have time to watch a lot of online videos of interviews, lectures, and sermons. I would happily listen to the audio from certain videos on my iPhone if there was an efficient way to do that.

Solution: There is finally an efficient way to do that (at least with a MacBook and iPhone—I’m not sure about other devices). I love this podcast system.

Subscribe - Castro - Podcast - App - IPhone

1. Subscribe to the Castro podcast app on your iPhone ($8.99 per year).

You can use the Castro app as your only podcast app, but I prefer the Overcast app for podcasts I subscribe to. I use the Castro app solely for listening to online media I’ve downloaded as MP3s.

Castro - App - IPhone

2. Set up the Castro app on your iPhone.

Set new episodes to “Queue Last” (so that new MP3s automatically skip the inbox and go directly to last in your listening queue).

Set - Episode - Limit - No - Limit

Set the episode limit to “No Limit.”

3. Purchase Downie ($19.99).

Software - Audio - Videos - YouTube - Vimeo

This software efficiently downloads the audio from online videos on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

4. Set up Downie on your MacBook.

Install - Downie - Downie - Extension - Toolbar

Install Downie, and add the Downie extension to the toolbar of the main Internet browser you use (e.g., Chrome).

Select “Extract Audio Only.”

Quality - Audio - Quality - Space - MacBook

Choose the quality of the audio you download. I choose the lowest-level quality to save space on my MacBook and iPhone.

In Downie > Preferences, specify the folder to save files to—iCloud Drive > Castro > Sideloads.

After...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Andy Naselli
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.
Tagged: