God Never Stops Looking Until He Finds Us

(in)courage | 10/22/2018 | Staff
applekip (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/10222018_JenSchmidt_HeartOfTheGospelEDIT-1200x858.jpg

Our house sits in the middle of some fairly dense woods. We call it “The Homestead” and with five children, it’s offered up a haven for every kind of fort building activities you can imagine over the years. One afternoon, our son called to me, “Mom, we can’t find Emma. She was just here.”

She’s my baby, our fifth child, so I didn’t bat an eye. Children hide and I assured him of that reality, but then one minute led to two and two to ten, and in the span of those brief six hundred seconds, my heart expanded with love, desperation, and heartache in ways I didn’t know possible. You see, there’s a creek that runs beyond our property and while she’d never wandered that far before, my mind immediately went to the possibility of what might happen if I didn’t bring her home first. I never knew my legs could run so fast.

Determination - Inch - Woods - Bit - Blown

With dogged determination, I pursued, chased, shouted, cried, examined every inch of our woods, and inevitably threw myself in a bit of full blown panic for good measure. I would not stop until she was found.

Is your heartbeat rising as you read this? Do you understand the emotions of that pursuit? You’ve probably been there before.

Game - Foliage - Momma - Camper - Face

We finally found her. She was hiding. As a game, she’d chosen to conceal herself amidst the thick foliage and refused to answer us when we called. This momma was not a happy camper, but when I found her, when her precious face met mine, her sin, her foolish choice did not matter one bit to me in the moment. And while there were later consequences in hopes she would not consider that choice again, the relief I experienced and my love for her only knew one thing: my momma’s heart would...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: