Backpacker from Liverpool faces ten years in a Thai prison

Mail Online | 10/19/2018 | Julian Robinson for MailOnline
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/19/08/5190218-0-image-a-7_1539932719556.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/19/5803529559280431721/1024x576_MP4_5803529559280431721.mp4

A backpacker from Liverpool is facing ten years in a Thai prison after spraying 'Scouse Lee' on an 800-year-old Thai fortress.

Lee Furlong was caught on CCTV using a can of black spray paint to tag the historic Tha Phae gate in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand, on October 18 at 4am.

Managed - 'Scouse - Lee - Letters - Lee

The 23-year-old managed to spell 'Scouse' incorrectly, first writing 'Scousse Lee' before going back over the letters and changing it to 'Scouser Lee'.

The graffiti sparked outrage among locals who accused the traveller of disrespecting the ancient 13th century monument and their country.

Today - Furlong - Drunk - Spray

Today, Furlong admitted he was now 'terrified' and was 'blind drunk' when he picked up the can of black spray.

Speaking by phone from his hotel, he said: 'I'd been drinking all day. I'd had some bad news from my family and I went out drinking. I mean, I was really, really drunk.

Spray - Police

'I saw the spray can and just picked it up. Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing. When I woke up the police were here.

'They took me to the station and I was in shock. I'm terrified of what will happen now.'

Furlong - Police - Passport - Court - Hearing

Furlong said that police had taken away his passport and a court hearing had been set for two weeks from now.

He said: 'I've spoken to my family and I'm trying to get some help. I really need it. I honestly don't know what to do. My visa runs out in two days, that's another problem.

'I - Time - Time - Life - Something

'I had been having such an amazing time here. The best time of my life. I'm just devastated that I've done something so stupid. I'm sorry to all the Thai people that have been offended by it. I've been an idiot.'

Police launched a man hunt and Furlong, as well as Canadian woman, Brittney Schneider, 23, who was with him...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!