Furious senators hit out at President for accepting Saudi story 

Mail Online | 10/20/2018 | Jenny Stanton For Dailymail.com
doona07 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/20/07/5223576-0-image-a-32_1540015991346.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/10/8142769560284318242/1024x576_MP4_8142769560284318242.mp4

Members of Congress have slammed Saudi Arabia's explanation that journalist Jamal Khashoggi died during a fight at the consulate in Istanbul on October 2.

'To say that I am skeptical of the new Saudi narrative about Mr. Khashoggi is an understatement,' Republican U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham said on Twitter.

Graham - Saudi - Arabia - Khashoggi - Disappearance

Graham, who has been sharply critical of Saudi Arabia after Khashoggi's disappearance, is a close ally of President Donald Trump.

'First we were told Mr. Khashoggi supposedly left the consulate and there was blanket denial of any Saudi involvement. Now, a fight breaks out and he's killed in the consulate, all without knowledge of Crown Prince,' Graham said.

'It - 'explanation

'It's hard to find this latest 'explanation' as credible,' he added.

s

Saudi - Arabia - Friday - Khashoggi - Explanations

Saudi Arabia finally admitted on Friday that Khashoggi is dead after offering various explanations for his disappearance more than two weeks ago.

The country said it carried out its own investigation into what happened to the 59-year-old at its own consulate in Istanbul, Turkey and claimed Friday evening he died following an altercation on October 2.

US - President - Donald - Trump - Friday

US President Donald Trump said Friday he found Saudi Arabia's explanation about the death of Khashoggi credible and termed it an 'important first step'.

Trump added if the US takes action, he does not want it to impact arms sales to the kingdom.

'I - Trump - Saudis - Explanation - Credible

'I do, I do,' Trump said when asked if he found the Saudis' explanation credible, adding: 'It's early, we haven't finished our review or investigation, but... I think it's a very important first step.'

'I would prefer, if there is going to be some form of sanction or what we may determine to do, if anything... that we don't use as retribution canceling $110 billion worth of work, which means 600,000 jobs,' he said during a visit to Arizona, referring to a major arms deal with the kingdom.

White

The White...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!