Canada pot stores run out of supplies and have more long lines on second day of weed legalization

Mail Online | 10/18/2018 | Afp Reporter;Ap;Reuters
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/18/21/5180006-0-image-a-83_1539895589891.jpg

Canadians seeking to get their hands on legal recreational marijuana faced long lines and supply shortages in some parts of the country on Thursday.

The United States' neighbor to the north on Wednesday became the first industrialized nation to legalize the drug after a nearly century-long ban and a two-year push by the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Pot - Enthusiasts - End - Prohibition - Disappointment

Most pot enthusiasts were exuberant about the end of prohibition, but a few expressed disappointment over not being able to buy the now-legal marijuana on the first day.

Others balked at the relatively high prices - ranging from $5.25 in Canadian dollars in Quebec to $18.99 in Saskatchewan per gram - compared to the black market that saw average prices plunge in the last year to $6.79 per gram.

Hours - Line - Store - Montreal - Wednesday

After waiting seven hours in line at a store in downtown Montreal on Wednesday, Alexandre, 30, said he was turned away at closing at 9pm. Police stepped in to disperse the crowd, without incident.

'It was ****, it was cold,' Alexandre said. 'But we had fun anyway, talking with people in the crowd and sharing joints.'

Thursday - Morning

He was back early Thursday morning to try again.

'Yesterday was the day that everyone was waiting for but I think that little by little the queue will decrease,' he said.

Genevieve - Despres - Ones - Store - Wednesday

Genevieve Despres, 41, was one of the lucky ones to make it inside the store on Wednesday. She described the scene in line as 'super friendly, we sang, we laughed, I made friends.'

'I do not usually smoke but since it was a historic day for Canada I thought I'd try,' she told AFP.

Despres - Pot - Level - THC - Agent

Despres smoked bought pot with a low level of THC, the psychoactive agent in cannabis.

'My God it's the bomb!' she said and returned with friends Thursday to buy more.

Ontario - Canada - Province - Orders - Weed

In Ontario, Canada's most populated province, 38,000 orders for weed were processed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!