Woman becomes friends with stranger who gave her CPR in a supermarket

Mail Online | 10/18/2018 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/18/21/5178822-0-image-a-96_1539896296156.jpg

A woman who was saved by another person after collapsing at a supermarket has reconnected with her Good Samaritan thanks to social media.

Marianne LaPlante went to an Aldi supermarket in Howell, New Jersey, recently with her 94-year-old mother. She had just started shopping when she started feeling unwell and collapsed, hitting her head on the floor.

Marianne - Shoppers - Store - Lisa - Manoy

Luckily for Marianne, one of the shoppers inside the store, Lisa Manoy, had 15 years of nursing experience and promptly jumped to her rescue.

'We heard a loud crash and someone yell "Oh my God, help me," and me and my daughter ran down the aisle and saw Marianne convulsing on the floor,' Lisa told NJ.com.

Lisa - Marianne - Vitals - Pulse - Marianne

Lisa checked Marianne's vitals and noticed her weak pulse. Marianne, who was gaining and losing consciousness, eventually went limp and her skin turned blue — a sign that she had stopped breathing.

Lisa thus began performing CPR while her own daughter Lindsay tried to comfort Marianne's mother.

Eternity - Lisa - Minutes - Color - Face

'It seemed like an eternity,' Lisa added, 'but two or three minutes later she spit up and the color started to come back to her face.'

Marianne was taken to the hospital for treatment, after which Lisa was left worrying about her.

Hospital - Privacy - Policy - Lisa - Yahoo

'I called [the hospital] where she was, and they wouldn't let me through because of the privacy policy,' Lisa told Yahoo Lifestyle. 'So I just thought, "Oh God, how am I going to get in touch with her?"'

But Marianne, too, wanted to track down the woman who had helped her. She...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!