Widen The Circle

Parent Cue | 7/29/2014 | Parent Cue
n.king (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theparentcue.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/186956250-e1406338377479.jpg

We believe there are five principles that will help you as a parent navigate through a variety of different seasons and help you parent beyond your capacity. Parenting can be intimidating, and you weren’t meant to do it alone.

Regardless of your stage of parenting, here’s a promise: A time will come when your children will need another adult in their lives besides you.

Time - Children - Adult - Lives

A time will come when your children will need another adult in their lives besides you.

So. . .

Involves - Relationships - Son - Daughter

involves pursuing strategic relationships for your son or daughter.

Parents should become intentional about finding spiritual leaders and mentors for their kids. Every son and daughter needs other adults in their lives who will say things that reflect what a parent would say.

Things - Moms - Dads - Church - Kind

One of the smartest things moms and dads can do is to participate in a church where they can find the right kind of adult influences for their kids.

I have observed a lot of teenagers. From the time they hit middle school, they start moving away from home. They are not doing anything wrong; it’s just the way they are made. They are becoming independent, and they begin redefining themselves through the eyes of other people who are not in their immediate family.

Voices - Lives - Things - Way - Sons

The older they get, the more important it is for them to have other voices in their lives saying the same things but in a different way. Teenage sons and daughters need to have other voices speaking into their worlds. Parents who do not understand this principle have forgotten what it was like to be a teenager.

I cannot count the times my kids would quote something a teacher, our student pastor, or a coach had said. They would act like it was the first time they had ever heard it. I wanted to blurt out, “I have been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Parent Cue
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: