The Camel’s Nose—How Moral Relativism Kills Churches

Juicy Ecumenism | 10/18/2018 | Joshua Arnold
kshama-s (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://juicyecumenism.com/wp-content/uploads/Camels-Nose.jpg

Today’s Protestant churches can learn from an old Arab fable which tells of a nomad and his camel who hunkered down during a sand storm. As the storm approached, the man hurriedly crawled into his tent, with the camel kneeling just outside. When the first flecks of sand swirled past, the camel asked his master, “Master, I don’t need to ask for much. My nose is very sensitive, and the sand irritates it very much. Might I perhaps stick my nose inside your tent for protection?” The master thought this was a reasonable request—not to mention harmless—and readily granted it.

Not long afterward, the camel spoke up again. “Master, the storm has grown harsher. The sand is blasting my eyelids and ears. Would it be alright if I stuck my whole head inside the tent?” Now the master cared for his camel, and didn’t want to cause it such cruel discomfort. He allowed the camel to reach his head into the tent.

Time - Camel - Master - Storm - Rest

A short time later, the camel petitioned his master once more, “This storm is quite exhausting. I won’t be able to endure much longer without a short rest. I hope you will allow me into the tent to escape the storm; I won’t need to stay long.” Now the nomad needed his beast of burden in good shape to complete his journey; he told the camel that he could enter the tent and stay as long as he needed.

As soon as the camel was completely inside the tent, he kicked the master out into the midst of the storm. “What have you done?” cried the master. “Did I not give you everything you asked for? Why then have you treated me so unfairly?” The camel replied, “You are a foolish man for allowing me to put my nose in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Juicy Ecumenism
Wake Up To Breaking News!