President Trump: ‘I Did the NFL a Big Favor’

Breitbart | 10/17/2018 | Staff
joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/10/Collage-2-Real-2-2.jpg

In a recent interview with the Associated Press, President Donald Trump said that he did the NFL “a big favor,” but not with his attacks on the anthem protests.

The AP released its far-reaching interview with the president on Tuesday and in one segment, the wire service asked Trump about his criticism of the league. The AP noted that ratings for pro football are finally up a little and asked what the president thought of that ratings gain.

Hey - Look - NFL - Favor - Trump

“Hey, look, I did the NFL a big favor. You know that, right?” Trump replied.

The AP assumed that he was talking about his opposition to the national anthem protests. But Trump did not want to talk about anthem protests. Instead, Trump insisted that his “big favor” was his effort to get Canadian TV to allow the NFL to sell advertisements during the Canadian broadcast of the Super Bowl.

NFL - Problem - Canada - Super - Bowl

“So the NFL was having a tremendous problem with Canada on the Super Bowl and advertising and all sorts of things — very complicated subject,” Trump told the AP.

“I got that one fixed up for the NFL,” Trump insisted.

Amount - Money - Favor - NFL - Company

“They’re going to make a tremendous amount of additional money because of what I did for them. It was a favor for them, and it wasn’t for NFL, it was that this is a great American company,” Trump continued. “I was negotiating against Canada. And one of the things, I said ‘I want the NFL fixed,’ because it had to do with them keeping revenues from advertising and for not allowing the NFL to advertise in Canada.”

Trump called the original situation very “unfair” but also said that Canada “plays a very tough game” on trade.

Story - Trump

“So I said I want that fixed and nobody wrote a story about it because why would they ever write about it?” Trump added.

The problem...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!