How Does ‘Warner Bros: Horror Made Here’ Compare to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights & Knotts Scary Farm?

/Film | 10/17/2018 | Peter Sciretta
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Warner-Bros-Horror-Made-Here-768x319.jpg

How Does ‘Warner Bros: Horror Made Here’ Compare to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights & Knotts Scary Farm?

Warner Bros is trying to get into the Haloween season horror maze game with Horror Made Here: A Festival of Frights, transforming a portion of their backlot into a small town filled with haunted houses. Over the past five years, I have gotten sucked up in the seasonal haunted maze phenomenon and you may have already read my reports from the events at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights and Knotts Scary Farm here. So I was very eager to see how Warner Bros’ studio tour event would compare.

Festival - Fright - Warner - Bros - Backlot

The Festival of Fright takes over the Warner Bros’ backlot’s midwest town center, which has been featured in hundreds of movies and tv shows over the last 75 years. Where the Halloween offerings at Universal and Knots are spread over a huge park, it’s refreshing to experience Warner Bros’ version of the experience which all takes place over a few blocks. Universal Hollywood, in particular, can be a very strenuous experience, especially making that long walk across the lot to get to the mazes down in the New York streets. My body is always in pain after their Horror Nights event.

With everything in one place, it feels almost like a small town festival, where the entire downtown block has been converted into a horror maze event. The storefronts have been transformed into horror themed fun, like the bar from Tru Blood, or a Pizza place called Crave Inn (a clear homage to director Wes Craven), a small Lost Boys arcade (I like the concept but why not call it “Santa Carla Arcade”?), and a horror gift emporium called The Little Shop of Horrors (Audrey’s shadow can be seen in the second story of the shop’s exterior).

Stage

A stage...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: