Chicago P.D. Star Previews Burgess' Ride-Along Favor for Brennan

TVLine | 10/17/2018 | Vlada Gelman
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/chicago-pd-spoilers1.jpg?w=620

A word of advice from Chicago P.D. star Marina Squerciati: “It’s not a good idea to have two bosses,” the actress tells TVLine. Her character Burgess learns that lesson during this Wednesday’s episode (NBC, 10/9c) when CPD Deputy Superintendent Katherine Brennan (The Brave‘s Anne Heche) asks the officer to take a girl on a ride-along as a favor. After Burgess agrees to the request, “everything goes downhill from there,” Squerciati says.

“I’m serving two masters in this episode,” the actress explains. “I’m trying to serve Voight, and I’m trying to serve his boss [Brennan].” Given that both are powerful figures, “you don’t want to piss either off, and I manage to piss them both off!”

Squerciati - Burgess - Brennan - Platt - Rescue

Below, Squerciati previews Burgess’ dynamic with Brennan and how Platt comes to her rescue.

TVLINE | Is there a reason why Brennan asks Burgess, specifically, to do this favor for her?

Vibe - Bit - Herself - Burgess - Burgess

I think it’s a vibe. She sees maybe a little bit of herself in Burgess. She sees that Burgess is pretty ambitious. I think that you can tell from someone if they have hustled or not. And also, maybe… she feels like she can work Burgess, which is something that I want to work on for Burgess. I don’t want her to be taken advantage of.

TVLINE | What are Burgess’ first impressions of Brennan?

Girl - Crush - Beginning - Kind - Woman

Girl crush in the beginning. She’s kind of seduced by this powerful woman, who’s like, “I see you. I know you want to be me. This is how we start.” So definitely girl crush. Also, Marina has a girl crush on Anne Heche, so it really worked. I didn’t have to act at all.

TVLINE | What does Burgess learn from this experience in terms of being a woman in the CPD?

Girls

I read once that girls are often bullied more because they’re not allowed to be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!