The Voice Recap: Which of Your Faves Survived Night 2 of the Battles?

TVLine | 10/16/2018 | Charlie Mason
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/screen-shot-2018-10-16-at-8-16-37-pm.png?w=620

My jaw still hurt going into Tuesday’s episode of The Voice. The Battles had literally just begun a day earlier when Kelly Clarkson made such a “Wait, whaaat?!?” kind of a decision following the first sing-off that my jaw hit the floor with the thud of a two-ton mic drop. Cody Ray Raymond is a fine vocalist, to be sure, but to choose to keep him on her team over SandyRedd, who not only ranks high on TVLine’s list of Season 15’s Top 10 Blinds, but has her picture in the dictionary next to the term “showstopper”? Uh-uh, no. It just didn’t compute. At least I figured Tuesdays rounds couldn’t possibly dish out as big a shock… or could they? Read on and, as if you don’t already know, find out the answer.

Team Kelly: Kymberli Joye (Grade: B+) defeated OneUp (Grade: C) on “Mercy” | Given the giantness of Kymberli’s “Run to You” in the Blinds, I kinda thought this would be a fair fight: One of her voice was equal to (and probably greater than) two of OneUp’s. Once the trio hit the stage, they immediately made me like them as a group: That opening harmony was lovely (and a good hint of what was to come in the closing acapella bit that mentor Thomas Rhett suggested). But ultimately, this Battle was Kymberli’s to lose. She owned that stage, not just shredding runs but freaking splintering them. And as OK as OneUp are, and as hard as they were clearly trying, they still came off like a cheesy Las Vegas lounge act.

Team - Adam - Steve - Memmolo - Grade

Team Adam: Steve Memmolo (Grade: C) defeated Anthony Arya (Grade: C-) on “Amy” — Anthony stolen by Jennifer | In rehearsal, Anthony sounded like a train about to wreck on this Pure Prairie League cover. Steve, while not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!