Mississippi grandmother faces murder charge after toddler is found dead in an OVEN

Mail Online | 10/16/2018 | Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
vegdancer18 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/16/23/5108368-0-image-a-17_1539728437054.jpg

Officials are preparing to charge a grandmother with first-degree murder after her toddler granddaughter was found stabbed inside an oven.

Police were called to the home in Shaw, Mississippi at about 7pm on Monday after a relative arrived home and found the 20-month-old girl in the oven. She was dead at the scene.

Deputies - Scene - Homicide - Place - Home

'When deputies arrived on the scene, it was confirmed that a homicide had taken place inside the home,' Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams said at a press conference broadcast by WREG.

'The official cause (of death) is still under investigation but authorities have reason to believe that the child was stabbed and burned. The child was found inside of the oven in the residence,' Williams said.

Williams - Names - Grandmother - Toddler - Filing

Williams says he won't release the names of the grandmother or the toddler until the filing of the murder charge is completed.

Williams said that he wasn't yet certain whether mental illness was a factor in the case. He said that what deputies found at the scene was extremely disturbing.

'I

'I have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......