Mothers reveal the 'extreme cheapskate' tricks they use to save THOUSANDS every year 

Mail Online | 10/16/2018 | Alice Murphy For Daily Mail Australia
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/10/16/01/5159608500000578-0-image-a-6_1539651429338.jpg

As the cost of living continues to rise while wages remain stagnant, social media has been flooded with budgeting advice and cost-effective tips.

One savvy mother recently took to a Facebook group to share her frugal household rules, which include using candles instead of electricity and only washing clothes in cold water.

Post - Response - Users - Post - Hacks

The post generated a huge response from users, who replied to the post by revealing their own ingenious hacks for serious saving.

'Confession time: I might be an extreme cheapskate,' she began, before revealing her laundry list of penny-pinching practices.

Idea - Anything - Happen

'I love the idea of becoming financially independent and will do almost anything to make that happen.

'I turn the shower on just enough, off to scrub and on again to rinse, and I have a bucket in the shower which I use to flush the toilets.

Kettle - Leftover - Water - Jug - Wait

'When I boil the kettle I put the leftover water in a jug, wait for it to cool and put it in the fridge as filtered water.'

The super-efficient mother also uses water from her washing machine to water plants in the backyard, and admitted to using candles to avoid 'running up power bills'.

Appliances - Work - Computer - Electricity - Home

She also charges her mobile and other small appliances on her work computer to conserve electricity at home and gets value for money from toothpaste, shampoo and conditioners by cutting open the bottles.

'I have a slushy ice straw with a little scoop on the end which I use to get the last bit of food out of the jar, and I take a collapsible Tupperware container...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction