How to Be an All Generations Worship Leader Effectively

ChurchLeaders | 10/14/2018 | Staff
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/10.15.WORSHIP.CC.EffectiveLeader.jpg

When you try to stay ‘relevant’ as a worship leader, people gripe that you are not singing enough hymns. Then, when you schedule older songs every week, people complain that worship is not relevant and will run off the younger generation. Can you really be an all generations worship leader?

Sound familiar? I bet it does. Even folks who are not overly opinionated have an opinion when it comes to music style.

Worship - Leader - Job - Variety - Music

To be a good worship leader, you may think that it is your job to offer a wide variety of music styles to keep the congregation happy. But, there are two problems with this:

Problem #1: You cannot make everyone happy.

Moment - Everyone - Moment - Chase

The moment you start trying to make everyone happy is the moment you set off on a wild goose chase. And I’ll give you a hint…you’ll never catch it.

If you are choosing songs to make certain people happy, you are not serving your congregation well.

People - Songs - Songs - Worship

You see, people will suggest songs just because they like to listen to them, but choosing songs for worship should go much deeper than what we like or don’t like.

I believe the Holy Spirit leads us as worship leaders (if we let Him) to the songs our congregation needs to sing in that specific season. He knows what is going on in our lives, in our country and in our city. He also knows what is going to happen and can prepare our hearts through the songs we sing.

Problem

Problem #2: We should not come to church to be served.

Lots of people go to church because of what it can do for them. Yet, any mature christian knows that the purpose of church is to serve others.

People - Song - Selection

When we allow people to govern our song selection, in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!